With all the post-Convention blogging about various issues, I thought I would offer my favorite non-political aspects of my Convention experience this year. Here are my Top 10 experiences:
10. I got to reunite with old friends from across the Convention.
9. I got to hang out with my former college roommate for an afternoon.
8. I got harassed by my pastor’s wife because of my former college roommate.
7. I got to meet a pastor and his wife who are rightly opposing the IMB Personnel Policies, a seminary professor with whom I disagree a lot but was genuinely a nice guy, a church planter who used to grade for my professor, two staff members from a mission-minded church in NW Indiana, and I got Shane Hall’s autograph.
6. I ran into my former pastor (who gave me a signed copy of his new book).
5. I got to hang out at the NAMB and IMB displays and talk to missionaries.
4. I got to pray with and for fellow believers.
3. I got to stay up late and watch Indiana Jones.
2. I got to have butter on my popcorn.
1. I got 15 free pens, 6 bags, 2 coffee mugs, a T-shirt, 5 free books, 3 highlighters, 2 foam basketballs, a miniature bottle of hot sauce, and a tie tack.Blessings,